Scott Hammersley is a Network Architect and Managing Partner for IP ArchiTechs Managed Services – www.iparchitechs.com based in the Jackson, Mississippi (USA) metro area.
Scott has been a part of the IT community for almost 20 years, intially in the great PC boom of the 90’s. He moved to the United States from England in late 2000 when his family emmigrated for work oppurtunities and subsequently went to college to study Network Engineering and IT Administration. While working as a Telco Network Engineer primarily with vendors such as Cisco, AdTRAN, REDBACK etc., a MikroTik RB2011 was placed on his desk and he was told to “figure out” how to make it work in the environment. Since then, MikroTik has been an intregal component in an arsenal of knowledge to help realise Wireline/WISP dreams of an affordable, stable and scalable network operation. It was at the Telco that he met Kevin Myers, where they realised MikroTik’s potential in the market. The rest as they say is history.
Favorite Funny Quote “User is the word used by the computer professional when they mean idiot.” – Dave Barry
Favorite Serious Quote “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” – Albert Einstein
Noteworthy bullet points:
- Banging my head in the IT/Networking scene since 1996/1997
- Built numerous PC’s
- Worked as a Core/Design MPLS engineer for a regional US based telco
- Worked as Network Architect/Lead Engineer for a Fortune 500 global enterprise.
- Managed ATM/Frame Relay Networks
- Designed and built an automated provisioning and management platform
- Designed and built a multi-state Telco IP network
- Designed and configured a triple play IPTV/SIP/Data headend with a Cisco core and AdTRAN MSAP environment
- Designed a 100,000+ user OVPN load balanced concentrator system
- Running out of space
- MikroTik – MTCINE #1409, MTCRE, MTCTCE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCNA
Scott is a consulting Network Architect for IP ArchiTechs. If you would like to inquire about consulting services, he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org